We are a volunteer and foster based rescue group focusing on helping animals in Houston, Texas and the surrounding areas. We primarily help those that contact us with strays/ pets they want to surrender, and animals from Harris County Animal Shelter. Our focus is to get the animals as healthy as possible and to thoroughly analyze their temperment to try our best to find a permanent forever home for them. We always look for the best fit possible for the animals and the adopters.
We serve Houston and the surrounding areas and are in Austin often as well.
1. The 1st step in adopting one of our animals is filling out the adoption application.
2. The next step is meeting and/or talking with one of our representatives regarding the animal.
3. Then we do a play date/ home visit. This facilitates face to face time with the animal to see how they act in a home setting and allows more time for us to talk and tell you about the animal.
4. If all goes well and you want to adopt the pet... we would then arrange a 2 week trial period. We want to ensure the pet fits in your lifestyle and expectations.
5. The next step is finalizing the adoption. We have an adoption contract to complete.
***Our cat adoption fees are ($125-$175 depending on money spent on vet care of the animal).
***Our dog adoption fees are ($200-$500 depending again on money spent on vet care of the animal). All dogs come with at least 6 months of heartworm & flea prescription medications (we give enough to last until the next yearly vaccinations are due). This alone costs $75-$125 depending on the size of the animal, and thus increases our cost, but we feel that is the best way to ensure dogs are given their extremely important heartworm medications and that new pet owners get in the routine and thought process of giving this vital medicine.